Tonight at 7pm ET Maclean’s and CPAC are presenting a live televised debate about the state of Canada-US relations.
In Canada, you can watch live on CPAC or at cpac.ca.
In the US, the event will be carried live on C-SPAN 2.
Pete Van Dusen will moderate an impressive panel that will include Paul Wells, Andrew Coyne, as well as:
- Gary Doer – Canada’s ambassador to the United States (and former premier of Manitoba)
- David Frum – Editor, FrumForum.com (and former Bush speech writer)
- Maryscott Greenwood – Senior Managing Director, McKenna Long & Aldridge (and senior advisor to the Canadian-American Business Council and a former chief of staff at the US Embassy in Ottawa.)
- Christopher Sands – Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute (the go-to analyst of Canada-US issues in the Washington think tank community.)
- Pamela Wallin – Canadian Senator (and former Canadian Consul General in New York City.)
I’ll give some opening thoughts but mostly I’m looking forward to a very substantive and provocative evening.
Thursday, January 20, 2011