From inside the BCHRT
A complete archive of Andrew Coyne's liveblog from the hearing. The lawyers final statements. And what our peers are saying about the case.
Macleans.ca staff | Jun 10, 2008 | 15:29:37
- Outline of Maclean’s closing submissions
- Statement by Julian Porter, Q.C.
- Closing submission from Faisal Joseph, the lawyer representing the complainant (Joseph made additional comments during closing arguments that didn’t make it into his final draft, but everything in the text above was presented to the board)
- Written submissions of the Canadian Association of Journalists and the British Columbia Civil Liberties Association
- Written submission of the Canadian Civil Liberties Association
- (new June 24) The complainants' response to the CAJ, BCCLA and CCLA submissions
- (new June 23) Written submission by the Canadian Arab Federation as an intervenor
- (new June 23) Maclean's response to the CAF's submission
» We're not alone
You know our take, so we thought we'd share what some of our peers have been saying about last week's B.C. Human Rights Tribunal
» Edward Greenspan's take
The high-powered lawyer writes that the complainants in the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal have issued "nothing less than an administrative fatwa against Maclean's and Steyn"