Our latest book reviews:
- Always Looking: Essays on Art, by John Updike, review by Joanne Latimer
- The Noir Forties: The American People from Victory to Cold War, by Richard Lingeman, review by Jaime J. Weinman
- Near-Earth Objects: Finding Them Before They Find Us, by Donald K. Yeomans, review by Kate Lunau
- The Illicit Happiness of Other People, by Manu Joseph, review by Martin Patriquin
- Heat: Adventures in the World’s Most Fiery Places, by Bill Streever, review by Charlie Gillis
- Soldier Of Christ: The Life Of Pope Pius XII, by Robert A. Ventresca, review by Brian Bethune
Plus, an excerpt from Tim Cook’s Warlords, the third in our five-part series with The Charles Taylor Prize nominees.