Our latest book reviews:
- Ship It Holla Ballas! How a Bunch of 19-Year-Old Dropouts Used the Internet to Become Poker’s Loudest, Craziest and Richest Crew, by Jonathan Grotenstein and Storms Reback, review by Andrew Stobo Sniderman
- The River Swimmer, by Jim Harrison, review by Jessica Allen
- The Birth of the West: Rome, Germany, France and the Creation of Europe in the Tenth Century, by Paul Collins, review by Brian Bethune
- The Big Truck That Went By: How the World Came to Save Haiti and Left Behind a Disaster, by Jonathan M. Katz, review by Michael Petrou
- Antarctica: An Intimate Portrait of a Mysterious Continent, by Gabrielle Walker, review by Ken MacQueen
- The Last Runaway, by Tracy Chevalier, review by Dafna Izenberg
Plus, an excerpt from Sandra Djwa’s Journey With No Maps: A Life of P.K. Page, the fourth in our five-part series with The Charles Taylor Prize nominees.