The only gunman captured after the 2008 Mumbai attacks, which left 174 dead, was found guilty on Monday of murder and waging war against Indian. Delivering his ruling from a Mumbai courtroom, judge ML Tahaliyani said that 22-year-old Ajmal Amir Qasab “should be hanged by the neck until he is dead.” “I am very happy with the judgment,” said prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam, who smiled and gave the victory sign while the judge spoke. “I have been successful in my attempt to put a balm on the wounds of the victims.” Immediately after the 2008 assault, India blamed the Pakistani militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba. Though Pakistan fervently denied those accusations, it later changed course and acknowledged that the Mumbai attacks had been planned in Pakistan. Qasab has the right to appeal. His lawyer argues that he was brainwashed and can be rehabilitated.