VANCOUVER – Lululemon Athletica Inc. (TSX:LLL) it taking a light-hearted approach as it looks for a new “head boss person” to replace Christine Day, the fashion company’s chief executive officer.
A job posting on the company’s website says the Vancouver-based yoga-wear retailer wants its new leader to be disciplined, focused and be able to “hold headstand for at least 10 minutes.”
The humour runs throughout the call out for applicants.
“You report to no one, you are the CEO (duh),” it says.
“You are passionate about doing chief executive officer type stuff like making decisions, having a vision and being the head boss person.”
The company also makes numerous other yoga references, and nods to pop culture of years past, including references to reality show “The Bachelor” and a more obscure reference to “Vote Pedro” from the film “Napoleon Dynamite.”
Investors might not be laughing, though, having seen Lululemon’s stock drop more than 20 per cent since Day announced this week that she plans to leave.
The shares were below $67 in Toronto on Friday — down from $84.03 on Monday before Day’s announcement, which overshadowed Lululemon’s financial results.
Lululemon has often used humour in its marketing, even if it was sometimes a questionable decision. The company once sabotaged the launch of its own website with an April Fools Day joke that locked out shoppers and was decorated with outdated computer graphics.
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components for people to live long, healthy and fun lives.
You report to no one, you are the CEO (duh). You are passionate about doing chief executive officer type stuff like making decisions, having a vision and being the head boss person.
a day in the life of a chief executive officer
– You communicate powerfully, often through Sanskrit
– You are disciplined, focused and can hold headstand for at least 10 minutes
– You’re a long-term thinker. You already have a plan to bring yoga and luon to Mars by 2018
– You break all the rules like getting your OM-on (loudly) whenever the urge arises
– You elevate and cultivate the level of talent within the senior leadership team by holding The Bachelor lululemon. Only one successful SVP will get the final rose
– Not only do you lead the organization to create components for people to live long, healthy and fun lives, you know the secret to how they got the caramel in the Caramilk bar
– You wear The Mansy to lead our company-wide morning chant and kombucha ritual
the finer print
– Your go-to party trick is your dead-on impression of the yogi in “Sh*T Yogis Say”
– You voted for Pedro
– You have Chip Wilson, Bill Clinton, Ellen DeGeneres and Oprah Winfrey on speed dial
– You actively live and breathe the lululemon culture – on Friday afternoons you hit up wheatgrass and tequila shots (it’s called work/life balance)
– You use your third eye to channel innovation
– Your lineage is directly related to Phidippides
– You own yoga