MONTREAL – A psychiatric evaluation on the man charged in Quebec’s election-night shooting is expected to be made public today.
Richard Henry Bain’s case returns to court after being delayed once again over language issues.
The report on Bain’s psychiatric state was not discussed in court last week because it needed to be translated, but the accused said it declares him ”75 per cent fit to stand trial.”
Stagehand Denis Blanchette was killed and another worker was wounded in the attack at a downtown Montreal club where the Parti Quebecois was celebrating its election victory last September.
Bain faces 16 charges, including first-degree murder, attempted murder, arson and weapons violations.
Premier Pauline Marois, who was on stage when the attack occurred nearby, has said she believes the shooting was an attempt on her life.
Friday, January 18, 2013