Not since amalgamation have municipal politics been so front and centre in Toronto, with headlines almost too numerous to count—from the killing of Transit City to all-night public meetings to the controversial KPMG Core Services review to Ford’s famous “stop the gravy train” mantra.
As Toronto approaches the one-year anniversary of Ford’s election victory—Oct. 25, 2011—CityNews want to know what messages you have for the mayor heading into year No. 2.
Here’s how it’ll work:
1. Similar to the example above, take a photo of yourself holding up a sign with a message for Rob Ford. (If you want, you can also send us a bite-sized video clip with your message).
3. On Oct. 25, they’ll assemble as many as they can into a photo gallery for CityNews.ca, CityNews Channel and CityNews programs on Citytv.
4. Of course, they’ll also pass along the link to the mayor’s office.
Here are the rules:
– Keep it clean (family-friendly language)
– Keep it on topic (local politics & issues)
– Keep it friendly (no personal attacks)
So get creative—and tell your friends; the more submissions the better.
Deadline for submitting your photo or video is noon on Oct. 25.