Watch later this morning for the Maclean’s Power List. In the meantime, here are five who did not make the list:
1. Cheryl Gallant: Conservative MP for Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke. Once tweeted, “No carbon tax please, Igafi!” A reference to the leaders of the Liberal party and Libya. Deleted the tweet later. Doesn’t talk much in public these days.
2. Scott Reid: Another eastern Ontario Conservative. Vegan. Said the wrong thing about bilingualism in 2004. Hasn’t really recovered. Snappy dresser.
3. Jim Karygiannis: Liberal MP for Scarborough-Agincourt. Believes he holds the key to a Liberal resurgence in ethnic communities. Can’t get anyone to ask for the key.
4. Bloc Québécois: Campaign slogan in 2011 was “Let’s Talk About Quebec.” Lost 43 seats. Quebec was talking about the NDP. Leader Daniel Paillé isn’t an MP.
5. Norman Spector: Former Mulroney chief of staff. Lives in Victoria. Tweets about what’s going on in Ottawa. Gets most of it wrong.