Between the bluster and the blarney, there is a lot of good work done on Parliament Hill. And so for the fourth year in a row, we asked MPs to nominate the best among their peers. Nearly 70 per cent answered our call. Here are the results.
- Parlimentarian of the Year: John Baird (Conservative)
- Most Knowledgeable: Gilles Duceppe (BQ)
- Most Collegial: Peter Stoffer (NDP)
- Rising Star: Kelly Block (Conservative)
- Best Orator: Bob Rae (Liberal)
- Best Represents Constituents: Robert Bouchard (BQ)
- Hardest Working: Ted Menzies (Conservative)
How we did it: Ipsos Reid asked all members of Parliament to nominate the best MPs in each of seven categories. This year, 202 MPs responded, casting votes for members both in and outside their parties. The votes were converted to a point system to ensure that larger parties did not have an advantage. The MP who received the most points in each category won. The MP who earned the highest number of total points was named Parliamentarian of the Year.