0

The case against Awso Peshdary held over until Feb. 19

The RCMP says it considers the men active members of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, or ISIL


 

OTTAWA — The case against an Ottawa man charged with terrorism-related offences has been held over again after a second court appearance.

Family members of Awso Peshdary were silent as the case was remanded until Feb. 19.

His lawyer, Richard Morris, didn’t make himself available for comment after the brief court appearance.

Peshdary made his initial appearance last week following his arrest on four charges, including participation in the activities of a terrorist group.

Two other Ottawa men have also been charged with terror-related offences, although their whereabouts are unknown and one is reportedly dead.

Peshdary’s family, including his parents and sister, attended the hearing but did not speak as they left the courthouse.

Monday’s hearing reaffirmed a non-communication order imposed against Peshdary, along with his co-accused, John Maguire, 24, and Khadar Khalib, 23.

The RCMP says it considers the men active members of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, or ISIL, the extremist organization has been on a rampage across large portions of the Middle East.

 


 
Filed under:

Comments are closed.