To those who oppose the government’s changes to the census you can now add the Statistical Society of Canada, the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, the Canadian Marketing Association, the Canadian Federation of Francophone and Acadian Communities, the Executive Council of the Canadian Economics Association, the director of the Prentice Institute at the University of Lethbridge, the senior economist at the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, the Canadian Institute of Planners, the Canadian Association for Business Economics, and the editorial boards of the Saskatoon Star-Phoenix, Calgary Herald, Winnipeg Free Press and Globe and Mail.
They join the co-chairman of the Canada Census Committee, Ancestry.ca, city planners in Calgary and Red Deer, the Canadian Association of University Teachers, the former head of Statistics Canada, and the editorial boards of the Toronto Star, Montreal Gazette, Edmonton Journal and Victoria Times-Colonist.
- Canada Census Committee
- Canadian Association of University Teachers
- Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Canadian Federation of Francophone and Acadian Communities
- Canadian Institute of Planners
- Canadian Marketing Association
- Executive Council of Canadian Economics Association
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami
- Prentice Institute
- Red Deer
- Statistical Society of Canada
- Statistics Canada