Maclean’s and the Canadian Medical Association travelled to communities across Canada to explore end-of-life issues affecting patients, health care professionals and the country. Check out video highlights further down this page. The national dialogue culminated in a CMA report on end-of-life care released in Ottawa on June 10. We also hosted a live chat with Dr. Louis Hugo Francescutti, the CMA’s president, on May 5, when he answered many of your thoughtful questions.
Our first stop was St. John’s on Feb. 20. Next, we headed west to Vancouver on March 24, Whitehorse on April 16, Regina on May 7, and Mississauga, Ont., on May 27. Click the city for video highlights.
Mississauga, ON — May 27
Regina, SK — May 7
Whitehorse, YT — April 16
Vancouver, B.C. — March 24
St. John’s, NL — Feb. 20
More on the end-of-life debate:
- Dave Lambert’s brush with death
- Gloria Jean Taylor, 1948-2012
- Who has the right to pull the plug?
- The fight for the right to die
- On the need for the debate on assisted suicide
- Maclean’s Interview: Bernice Packford