First published at the end of March, we have an update to this list. May 1: Raptors beat Pacers.
This post first appeared at Sportsnet.
We know what you’re thinking: 50 means nothing if they don’t win in the playoffs. And you’re not wrong. But it’s undoubtedly a significant milestone for the Toronto Raptors, who earned their franchise-best 50th win of the season Wednesday night versus Atlanta.
So to celebrate, we compiled a list of 50 of the standout moments from the 2015-16 season thus far. The list is in no particular order, so without further ado:
10. Comeback win in Oklahoma City
It was only the fifth game of the season, but the Raps made a statement rallying from eight down with five minutes to play on the road versus the OKC Thunder.
9. Lowry trolls Demar over math during an interview in London
8. Drake chats up Bulls’ Justin Holiday, inducing a five-second violation in the process.
7. DeRozan becomes Raptors all-time leader in wins (currently with 515, Bosh 2nd with 509).
6. Kyle Lowry named All-Star starter
The second consecutive season the Raptors point guard was named a starter.
5. Cory Joseph buzzer-beater vs. Wizards
4. Dunk of the Year?
DeMar DeRozan puts Jazz centre and noted rim defender Rudy Gobert on a poster.
3. Raptors almost ruin the Warriors perfect season
The defending champion Warriors had an eleven-game win streak of their own, undefeated on the year heading into their early season matchup with the Raptors in November. Toronto gave Golden State its biggest scare yet before ultimately losing a hard-fought contest 110-105.
2. The win streak
The Raptors went nearly undefeated in the month of January, firing off 11 straight wins between the 6th and 30th, including victories over the Clippers, Heat, and Celtics.
1. Kyle Lowry’s statement shot/game-winner versus Cleveland
It was the best night of Lowry’s career, dropping 43 points, nine assists, five boards, four steals, and just two turnovers, while shooting 75% from the floor. But it was this dagger that Raps fans won’t forget anytime soon: