UPDATE: Congratulations to Jack Mitchell on a close victory over Not Stephen Colbert. Your Amazon.ca gift certificate will be arriving via email, Jack.
This week’s caption challenge attracted a few good entries and several not-so-good entries. More importantly, it attracted the entry from Earth’Ln. Believe me: it’s worth the trip back to read it. It’s mesmerizing, with its hint of conspiracy and its jaunty nautical theme toward the end. I didn’t choose him as a finalist, but that doesn’t change my belief that Earth’Ln should have his or her own pirate radio station.
- The Governor General was not impressed by the Prime Minister’s De Niro impression. – Not Stephen Colbert
- SH: “I couldn’t fire Bernier….. I mean, did you see Couillard?” GG: “You sicken me.” – danby
- “Some day, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day comes, please accept the aid for Haiti with my best wishes.” – Sean
- Stephen once again expresses his disappointment that Pamela wasn’t invited to the Opening Ceremonies. – FeschukGroupie
- PM: “You’d like to think that, wouldn’t you? You’ve beaten my prorogation, which means you’re exceptionally viceregal, so you could’ve put the poison in your own glass, trusting on your constitutionality to save you, so I can clearly not choose the water in front of you. But, you’ve also bested my Baird, which means you must have studied Zen, and in studying Zen you must have learned that Tories are bananarific, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the water in front of me.” GG: “You’re trying to trick me into proroguing again. It won’t work.” – Jack Mitchell