New York magazine reports that “former Merrill Lynch CEO John Thain, the man once credited with ‘revolutionizing’ the New York Stock Exchange and Goldman Sachs, is the new most-hated man on Wall Street. Across the board this week, coverage of his $1.2 million office redecoration and his subsequent forced resignation was infused with disgust.”
How exactly do you spend $1.2-million on an office reno?
- Sent assistant to Staples and she just sort of went crazy.
- Might have something to do with the Olympic-sized swimming pool.
- Trap door in front of desk was fine as is, but pit needed new snakes.
- Show me one CEO on Wall Street whose office doesn’t have a Starbucks.
- Instead of buying boom box for couple hundred bucks, insisted on keeping Fleetwood Mac over in the corner.
- Existing floor coverings weren’t made entirely from endangered birds.
- Sure, in retrospect, one trampoline might have been sufficient, but…
- Desk had to be made from solid gold or it would have clashed with solid-gold chair, couch and secretary.
- Bed that folds out from wall discovered to be completely hookerless.
- You’d think the collapse of the global economy would mean a decline in the price of live Siberian tigers, but you’d be wrong.