Why did Michael Ignatieff decide to shoot his new TV ad in a forest?
- Nice old lady in gingerbread house promised him free candies.
- Last-minute schedule conflict meant he first had to help Han Solo disable the shield generator.
- Has actually been lost there since June 18th, explaining his low-visibility summer.
- What better place to depict the energy and dynamism of the ultra-modern, globally competitive Canada he describes?
- Keen to solidify strong polling numbers among 18-to-34-year-old Sasquatches.
- Had to make the trip anyway to feed Denis Coderre to Aragog.
- Being a man of letters, he was determined to capture Walden’s spirit of simplicity while inadvertently evoking its whole “quiet desperation” argument.
- He’s been away from this country for, like, 35 years – you try to find your way to the TV studio.
- Setting seemed perfect as original script for ad read: “I’m praying to you! Look in your heart! I’m praying to you! Look in your heart! I’m praying to you! Look in your heart! I’m praying to you!”