The Scotiabank Giller Prize has announced its shortlist. The five books that will compete for the top prize in Canadian literary fiction are:
- Dennis Bock for his novel Going Home Again, a Phyllis Bruce Book published by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd.
- Lynn Coady for her short story collection Hellgoing, published by House of Anansi Press.
- Craig Davidson for his novel Cataract City, published by Doubleday Canada, a division of Random House of Canada Limited.
- Lisa Moore for her novel Caught, published by House of Anansi Press.
- Dan Vyleta for his novel The Crooked Maid, published by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Giller Prize. The winner will be announced in Toronto on November 5.