The Harper government has dispatched 10 ministers across the country to “detail the benefits of the Government’s Plan for “Responsible Resource Development.” Finance Minister Jim Flaherty will be in Toronto, for example, while Treasury Board head Tony Clement is due in Thunder Bay.
Also on the duty rotation:
- Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Peter Penashue in St. John’s.
- Fisheries and Oceans Minister Keith Ashfield in Halifax.
- Industry Minister Christian Paradis in Montreal.
- Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz in Saskatoon.
- Minister of State for Democratic Reform Tim Uppal will be in Edmonton.
- Public Works Minister Rona Ambrose is up in Calgary.
- John Duncan, minister of aboriginal affairs and northern development, will be in Surrey, B.C.
As Aaron Wherry reports, budget bill protests were organized this weekend in Victoria, Owen Sound, Waterloo, Penticton, Halifax,Winnipeg, Vancouver, Mississauga, Port Moody, North Bay, Prince George, Beamsville and Calgary. And dozens of websites will go dark today to protest C-38.