Noted on Twitter
Storified by Maclean’s Magazine· Sun, Feb 17 2013 05:17:52
1. Tens of thousands of worshippers showed up in St. Peter’s Square today for one of Pope Benedict XVI’s final appearances in public.
Lent is a favourable time in which to rediscover faith in God as the foundation of our lives and of the Church’s lifeBenedict XVI
2. In a dispatch to the Twitterverse, Hugh Grant has confirmed he is a father again. The actor’s girlfriend, Tinglan Hong, gave birth to a baby boy — though he did not say when.
In answer to some journos. Am thrilled my daughter now has a brother. Adore them both to an uncool degree. They have a fab mum.Hugh Grant
And to be crystal clear. I am the Daddy.Hugh Grant
3. The latest from Pretoria suggests investigators turned up a bloodied cricket bat at the Olympian’s home — news that has reporters working overtime to explain what happened on the night Reeva Steenkamp was murdered.
Top story on our site this morning – Oscar Pistorius murder charge: bloodied cricket bat found at athlete’s home http://soc.li/MArl9sDDaily Telegraph News
4. Terrence Ross leapfrogged over a kid on his way to winning the NBA All-Star dunk contest Saturday night in Houston.
Congratulations to Terrence Ross, the 2013 Slam Dunk champion! Here’s his final dunk- over a kid, between his legs http://pic.twitter.com/9AwhqoVGBleacher Report
Drake Reacts To Terrence Ross Dunk http://twitpic.com/c4ffx7Word On Road
5. Finally … look up tonight after dusk and you may well see Jupiter.
Moon and Jupiter out from dusk until late night February 17 http://bit.ly/12VLSXhPlanetary Citizens