On Thursday, the jury takes a break—after the disturbing testimony of Terri-Lynne McClintic - Macleans.ca

On Thursday, the jury takes a break—after the disturbing testimony of Terri-Lynne McClintic

by

The London, Ont., jury in the Michael Thomas Rafferty trial will take a break on Thursday, for the court to hear legal arguments. Rafferty is accused of first degree murder, sexual assault causing bodily harm and abduction for the kidnapping and killing of eight-year-old Tori Stafford. Further details from Wednesday’s testimony  included prosecution witness and convicted killer Terri-Lynne McClintic telling the court that Rafferty said he was disappointed Tori wasn’t young enough. The disturbing declaration by McClintic, who is already serving a life sentence for Tori’s 2009 death, added to the shock of her graphic testimony about the preparations and execution of the kidnapping, sexual assault and killing of the little girl.

McClintic also told the court that on more than one occasion in the days leading up to her being charged, she informed Rafferty that she was willing to “take the fall for everything,” claiming as an 18-year-old junkie she had less to lose than him. McClintic and Rafferty had been dating for a few weeks before Tori disappeared. Rafferty has pleaded not guilty to first degree murder. The testimony should resume Friday.

Filed under: