But it happened, according to one new mom. Other alleged bad moves include:
1. Doc saying, “Sometimes pain is the best teacher.”
2. Doc arriving four hours late for the delivery.
3. Doc making calls on his cell phone during delivery.
4. Doc talking about a) mom hemorrhaging; b) the baby dying; and c) abortion during delivery.
5. Using an unnecessarily big needle to stitch up mom unnecessarily after childbirth.
Looking for more?
Get the best of Maclean's sent straight to your inbox. Sign up for news, commentary and analysis.