Maybe it’s foolish to laugh about nuclear threats, but Donald Trump’s cartoonish war of words with North Korea has each side mimicking the other’s desire to name-call and ratchet up tension. The idiotically high-stakes fight over whose nuclear warhead is longer is worth mocking at least as much as it should be feared.
So do your best to match the quote to the source. There are only two answers: Trump and a variety of North Korean officials. It’s not as easy as it looks. Our only rule is: no googling! Tweet your result here, and scroll down to see just how many readers have guessed incorrectly.
The online crowd collectively guessed every question right, but after 800 responses to our totally unscientific, just-for-fun quiz, it’s clear that this is no slam dunk. About one in four respondents failed outright. Only 55 per cent nailed the first question, which has proved most difficult. The easiest question was the last one: 75 per cent of readers correctly identified the source.
MORE ABOUT NORTH KOREA:
- U.S. nuclear commander says any ‘illegal’ Trump orders will be resisted
- The real challenge America faces in East Asia’s new geopolitical game
- How Trump’s Asia trip is another crucial test for his presidency
- On foreign policy, Trump and Trudeau are birds of a feather
- Trump calls negotiation efforts with North Korea a waste of time
- U.S. flies bomber, fighter mission off coast of North Korea
- ‘Deranged’ Trump will ‘pay dearly’ for threats, says Kim Jong Un
- Donald Trump and a bleak vision of the future