The College of the Rockies is the ideal place to blend learning and lifestyle. The college’s seven campuses—including the main campus and a second facility, both in Cranbrook, and regional campuses in Creston, Fernie, Golden, Invermere and Kimberley—are surrounded by some of the world’s most majestic mountains and lakes.
Programs such as mountain adventure skills training, which is offered at the Fernie campus, take full advantage of the Rocky Mountains’ back-country recreation opportunities and ski resorts. Students in this program are outdoors 60 per cent of the time.
The college offers a comprehensive range of degree, diploma, certificate, apprenticeship and post-degree programs. The Cranbrook main campus has 196 student housing spaces, including the newly constructed student housing village, which features private bedrooms and bathrooms for each resident.
The college’s campuses are located within the traditional territories of the Ktunaxa Nation, which is also home to the Kinbasket people. Five First Nations bands are located within the college’s region. The school supports Indigenous students with its Aboriginal Gathering Place and regular opportunities to connect with Ktunaxa Elders. The college has worked closely with the Ktunaxa Nation to revitalize its language through the development of language courses.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Small (fewer than 2,000 full-time students)||$3,400||$3,400-$6,900||$3,400-$14,600||$3,700||Yes|
- Adventure Tourism Business Operations: This program combines studies in tourism with a solid foundation in business management.
- Sustainable Business Practices: This four-year program prepares students to work in a green business environment and is available online.
- Wireless Systems Technician: Students learn how to install, repair and support wireless sensors, controller networks and other electronic systems.
- Adult Upgrading (a.k.a. Upgrading
- for Academic and Career Success)
- Arts/University General Studies
- Electrician Apprenticeship