The Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology (MITT) is a hybrid institution that offers technical training for post-secondary students and also trains high school students through partnerships and an on-campus technical and trades school.
Industry collaboration is a hallmark of MITT’s approach to preparing students for their careers. With its industry partners, MITT identifies skills gaps and develops curricula to meet them. Students can opt for practicum opportunities and integrated career preparation training to help them build connections with prospective employers as they learn.
The college specializes in information and business technology, health care, human services and skilled trades. It offers more than 25 certificate, diploma and apprenticeship-accredited programs, including software development, mechanic/millwright, welding, electronics, auto mechanics, hospitality management, culinary arts and design, hairstyling, and graphic and print technician. MITT is also a popular choice for students who come from abroad. More than 50 per cent of full-time students are international.
MITT also runs a large network of adult learning centres and provides continuing education through its lifelong learning programs. The school’s construction labourer certificate program is designed for Indigenous learners in trades. MITT’s own ESL school delivers language training to qualifying newcomers.
|Size of school||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$8,750-$11,125||$5,230-$16,630||$8,307-$11,622||No|
- Cyber Security Centre of Excellence: Students learn in-demand cybersecurity skills such as ethical hacking and penetration testing.
- Pharmacy Technician: This two-year diploma program boasts small class sizes, interdisciplinary learning, simulation labs and three work practicums.
- Graphic and Print Technician: Boasting a 100 per cent employment rate for grads, this program makes use of a large, on-site Heidelberg press and covers the spectrum of design, pre-press, printing and post-press finishing.
- Business Administrative Assistant
- Cyber Defence and Cloud Administration
- Pharmacy Technician
- Rehabilitation Assistant
- Electrical Applications