Red Deer Polytechnic, formerly Red Deer College, is a fast-growing school that will welcome its first class of students under the new name in September 2021.
The school will offer the same breadth of credentials with several degree options added to the mix of certificates, diplomas, micro-credentials and apprenticeships already on offer. Most notably, they’ll include a new bachelor’s degree in biological sciences.
As the polytechnic’s programming expands, so does its list of facilities. RDP has recently opened three additional buildings on its main campus. New facilities include a residence that opened in 2019. In addition, the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre, which opened in 2018, helps students achieve greater fitness and wellness.
As it strives to become carbon-neutral during the coming year, RDP has effected a few alternative energy measures. The institution has installed more than 4,000 solar panels on its main campus buildings. Other innovative technologies, such as those converting organic waste into biomass energy, are used on-site too.
The polytechnic’s Alternative Energy Lab assists industry and research while providing students with the skills necessary to install, operate and maintain alternative energy systems. The lab is outfitted with learning and research facilities, including technology that replicates and simulates full-size alternative energy systems.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-graduate)||Residence offerings|
- Bachelor of Applied Arts in Animation and Visual Effects: Students get hands-on experience with the latest animation software while learning the principles and skills behind animation and visual effects.
- Health-Care Management Post-Diploma Certificate: Current health-care professionals gain foundational skills in business administration to enhance their portfolios and prepare to address challenges in public and private health-care organizations.
- Bachelor of Science, Major in Biological Sciences: This new program focuses on the latest scientific concepts, skills and techniques to propel students’ careers forward in the field.
- Open Studies
- Business Administration Diploma
- Bachelor of Science (University Transfer)
- Academic Upgrading