The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) is Canada’s first publicly funded polytechnic and Calgary’s oldest post-secondary institution. It offers more than 100 career programs and more than 1,300 part-time courses through the Centre for Continuing Education and Professional Studies.
Located a few minutes north of downtown Calgary, SAIT boasts breathtaking views of the city and the Rocky Mountains. Students can opt to live in one of two modern high-rise residences at the northeastern corner of the main campus. They feature amenities such as recreation and study spaces, on-site laundry, shared studio art space and around-the-clock security.
SAIT is comprised of nine industry-focused schools, including the School of Hospitality and Tourism and the School of Business. In September 2020, SAIT launched the School for Advanced Digital Technology, which is the tech-driven training hub for digital learning at the polytechnic.
SAIT is a skills-intensive institute. It has close industry ties, emphasizes solution-focused research and innovation, and offers four-year bachelor’s degrees. Some graduates will receive their credentials via blockchain technology, which creates a tamper-free digital signature and allows graduates to share their accomplishments with potential employers in a secure way.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
- Professional Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems: Students develop specialized skills in operating drones for private, commercial and other industrial uses.
- Optician: The program combines foundational studies in ocular pathology, refracting and pharmacology. The focus is on practical skills in the business and retail sides of optometry.
- Information Systems Security: Students prepare for a career in computer and systems security. They study programming, operating systems, networking and strategy while learning to use defensive and offensive technologies.
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Technology Geographic Information Systems
- Data Analytics