Those seeking to study in a city will feel at home at Vancouver Community College (VCC). Its two main campuses—Downtown and Broadway—are nestled in the heart of Vancouver; a third campus is in Delta and houses the heavy mechanical trades facility. VCC’s trades students are top performers in provincial, national and international skills competitions, and VCC’s culinary graduates have competed on Top Chef Canada and Chopped. VCC offers more than 140 programs, including certificates, diplomas, bachelor’s degrees, trades and apprenticeship training, academic upgrading and continuing education.
At both Vancouver campuses, VCC students hone their skills while offering discounted services to the community. Hairstyling students run a salon and spa with their classmates in the aesthetics program. Dental-assisting students run a low-cost dental clinic, and culinary students cook up gourmet cuisine at on-campus restaurants. The school’s annual gala showcases fashion arts, auto restoration and live music by students, faculty and alumni. Net proceeds from the event go toward student scholarships and bursaries. VCC’s 12,694 students benefit from the college’s commitment to diversity, accessibility and Indigenous reconciliation, as well as its long-standing connections with local employers and community organizations.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Residence offerings|
- Asian Culinary Arts: In this hands-on program, students develop skills in cooking Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Thai, Singaporean, Vietnamese and fusion cuisine.
- VR/AR Design and Development: This program teaches the principles and skills behind human-centred virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). The Vancouver Film School is a partner.
- Nail Technology: Students get hands-on experience with the latest techniques and trends in nail aesthetics.
- Adult Basic Education
- ESL Pathways
- Instructor Development Training
- Language Instruction for Newcomers
- Hospitality Management