In 2018, Algonquin College expanded its Ottawa campus with its new $45-million DARE (Discovery, Applied Research and Entrepreneurship) District and a multimillion-dollar welding lab. The DARE District includes a new library and learning centre, training and test facilities, and applied research centres ranging from cybersecurity to data analytics. It also has Indigenous gathering spaces, including a courtyard with a design inspired by traditional Algonquin crafts. The college offers collaborative degrees (classes are taught at the college but degrees are conferred by the University of Ottawa or Carleton University) plus advanced diplomas, certificates, and trade and apprenticeship programs. Its “We Saved You a Seat” initiative reserves 30 per cent of the spots in four popular tech programs for women. Part of the AGE-WELL Network of Centres of Excellence, Algonquin is a leader in health care technology. Facilities include experiential classrooms in health centres both on- and off-site, and the Ottawa Hospital’s new digital health lab on campus. Work-integrated opportunities include co-op education and clinical and field placements. The Pembroke campus is set on the banks of the Ottawa River, making it perfect for programs like forestry technician. The Perth campus is anchored by the Heritage Institute, which develops skills in conservation, preservation and restoration.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$7,895-$9,238||$4,332-$5,094||$4,332-$5,094||$4,049-$10,518||Yes|
- Interdisciplinary Studies in Human-Centred Design: Examine how research, technology, business and design intersect to solve real-world problems.
- Indigenous Cook Pre-Apprenticeship: Establish standard cooking skills and how to prepare traditional Indigenous meals.
- Animation: Learn industry-standard technologies, drawing and animation skills, and develop a portfolio or demo reel.
- Computer Programmer/Computer Engineering Technology/Computer Systems Technician
- Business (Administration, Management and Entrepreneurship)
- Early Childhood Education
- Police Foundations
- Practical Nursing