In 2018, Algonquin College expanded its Ottawa campus with its new $45-million DARE (Discovery, Applied Research and Entrepreneurship) District and a multi-million-dollar welding lab. The DARE District includes a new library and learning centre, training and test facilities, and applied research centres ranging from cybersecurity to data analytics. It also has Indigenous gathering spaces, including a courtyard with a design inspired by traditional Algonquin crafts.
The college offers a host of degrees, advanced diplomas, certificates, and trade and apprenticeship programs. Its We Saved You a Seat initiative reserves 30 per cent of the spots in five popular tech programs for women. Part of the AGE-WELL Network of Centres of Excellence, Algonquin is a leader in health-care technology. Facilities include experiential classrooms in health centres both on- and off-site and the Ottawa Hospital’s new digital health lab on campus. Work-integrated opportunities include co-op education and clinical and field placements. The Pembroke campus is set on the banks of the Ottawa River, making it perfect for programs such as forestry technician. The Perth campus is anchored by the Heritage Institute, which develops skills in conservation, preservation and restoration.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$7,911-$9,254||$4,348-$5,110||$4,348-$5,110||$4,065-$10,534||Yes|
- Introduction to Esthetics for New Canadians: In this 10-week program, newcomers learn skills, including hair removal, nail care and makeup application, to work in the esthetics industry.
- Outdoor Adventure: Students train to work as guides for activities such as whitewater kayaking and winter camping.
- Green Architecture: Students learn to design environmentally friendly architecture and learn sustainable building strategies and alternative technologies.
- Business Administration
- Computer Programming
- Computer Engineering Technology—Computing Science
- Police Foundations
- Computer Systems Technician