In 2018, Algonquin College expanded its Ottawa campus with its new $45-million DARE (Discovery, Applied Research and Entrepreneurship) District and a multi-million-dollar welding lab. The DARE District includes a new library and learning centre, training and test facilities, and applied research centres that range from cybersecurity to data analytics. It also has Indigenous gathering spaces, including a courtyard with a design inspired by traditional Algonquin crafts.
The college offers many degrees, advanced diplomas, certificates, and trade and apprenticeship programs. Its We Saved You a Seat project reserves 30 per cent of the spots in five popular technology programs for women. Algonquin is a leader in health-care technology: its new digital health lab has become a spinoff technology company (staffed by several Algonquin grads) that supports provincial COVID-19 vaccine rollout plans. Facilities include experiential classrooms in health centres both on- and off-site, and massage therapy and dental clinics staffed by students. Work-integrated opportunities include co-op education and clinical and field placements. The Pembroke campus is set on the banks of the Ottawa River, making it perfect for programs that train forestry technicians and others. The Perth campus is anchored by the Heritage Institute, which develops student skills in conservation, preservation and restoration.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$8,070-$9,412||$4,505-$9,470||$4,505-$11,747||$4,950-$11,405||Yes|
- Automation and Robotics: This program combines courses in computer science with electrical and mechanical engineering. A co-op option is available.
- Indigenous Cook—Pre-Apprenticeship: Students prepare traditional Indigenous meals and cook different types of game, including beaver and moose.
- Heritage Carpentry and Joinery: Learn the skills needed to preserve, renovate and restore historical architecture, including timber framing, staircasing and log building.
- Computer Programming
- Business Administration
- Police Foundations
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
- Early Childhood Education