Bow Valley College in Calgary, the region’s only publicly funded college, offers programs that lead to certificates and diplomas in business, health, community studies, creative technologies, academic upgrading and English language learning.
The college addresses growth in Alberta’s creative industries with its School of Creative Technologies. It offers programs in information technology systems, software development, digital marketing, data management and analytics, and kitchen and bath design. The school also offers post-diploma certificates and has a post-baccalaureate certificate in data management and analytics.
Bow Valley College has its main campus in downtown Calgary and regional campuses in Airdrie, Cochrane and Okotoks. They serve more full- and part-time students than any other college in the province. Though Bow Valley College does not have its own residence, students are eligible to live in student accommodation at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) in Calgary.
Indigenous students have access to Bow Valley’s Iniikokaan Centre, which provides a gathering space, Elder counselling and academic support services.
|Size of school||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
- Advanced 3D Animation & 3D Modelling: Students learn the principles of animation and get hands-on experience in 3D modelling, sculpting, texturing and more.
- Microcredentials: Get accelerated learning in various tech-related fields from data analysis to dev-ops engineering.
- Competency-Based Data Management Analytics and Cloud Computing: The program assesses students’ skills to provide credentials and/or a custom learning plan.
- Practical Nurse Diploma
- Business Administration Diploma
- English Language Learning
- Addiction Studies
- Academic Upgrading