Students at Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology study in Sudbury, the largest city in northern Ontario and the area’s hub for education, health care, commerce and retail. The college offers more than 80 different programs, including powerline technician, advanced care paramedic, mining engineering technician and social services worker with an Indigenous specialization.
Cambrian has received national recognition for its programs in skilled trades and information technology: the school is a certified Cisco Networking Academy and, since 2005, Cambrian students have won more than 60 medals at both the Skills Ontario and Skills Canada competitions. The college has introduced one-year certificate programs in analytics and the fields of business, crime and health. This fall, it is introducing several new programs, including fitness and health promotion, media communications and massage therapy.
The Wabnode Centre for Indigenous Services offers academic, social and cultural support, along with activities for Indigenous students. Cambrian was the first college in Ontario to partner with the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation at the University of Manitoba.
Cambrian also features the Glenn Crombie Centre for Accessibility and Wellness, which provides a range of services for students who require special accommodations, counselling or assistive technology.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$6,900||$3,700-$8,300||$3,700||$4,800-$13,000||Yes|
- Crime Analytics and Health Analytics: Learn to analyze and use data to plan for communities’ health care, crime prevention and policing needs.
- Advanced Care Paramedic: For the past 15 years, this certificate program’s graduating class has earned a 100 per cent pass rate on the provincial paramedic certification exam.
- Social Service Worker—Indigenous Specialization: Students learn counselling skills, cultural competency and enhanced knowledge with respect to Indigenous peoples.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Pre-health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Engineering Technology—Industrial Maintenance