Students at Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology study in Sudbury, the largest city in northern Ontario and the area’s hub for education, health care, commerce and retail. The college offers more than 80 different programs, including powerline technician, advanced care paramedic, mining engineering technician and social services worker with an Indigenous specialization.
Cambrian has received national recognition for its programs in skilled trades and information technology (the school is a certified Cisco Networking Academy). The college has also introduced new one-year certificate programs in analytics and the fields of business, crime and health.
Cambrian students have a strong record of success in provincial and national skilled trades and technology competitions. Since 2005, Cambrian students have won more than 60 medals at both the Skills Ontario and Skills Canada competitions.
The Wabnode Centre for Indigenous Services offers academic, social and cultural support, along with activities, for Indigenous students. Cambrian was also the first college in Ontario to partner with the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation at the University of Manitoba.
Cambrian also features the Glenn Crombie Centre for Student Support, which provides a wide range of services for students who require special accommodations, counselling or assistive technology.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$6,840||$3,016-$8,201||$3,307-$7,699||$5,902-$12,872||Yes|
- Powerline Technician: Students learn skills to construct and maintain powerline systems, including transmission lines and power stations.
- Advanced Care Paramedic: For 14 years, students at this certificate program have aced a 100 per cent pass rate on Ontario’s Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant exam.
- Social Service Worker, Indigenous Specialization: Students will become strong counsellors through case studies, counselling, seminars and fieldwork that are respectful of the realities facing Indigenous peoples.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Industrial Mechanical Millwright Technician
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Electrical Engineering Technology, Industrial