Camosun means “where different waters meet and are transformed” and was originally a Lkwungen name for an area of Victoria. Camosun College has two main campuses: the tree-lined Lansdowne campus close to downtown Victoria and the Interurban campus in rural Saanich, only 15 minutes from the city.
Camosun offers 160 certificate, diploma, bachelor’s and continuing education programs, in areas such as arts and science, health and human services, business, trades, technology, Indigenous education, and sport and exercise education. The college is also Vancouver Island’s largest trades and apprenticeship training provider, and its largest business administration school.
This fall, the college will open the 90,000-sq.-foot Alex and Jo Campbell Centre for Health and Wellness at its Interurban campus. Designed for modern health care and human services learning, the facility offers an applied, interdisciplinary approach to teaching and learning, and will deliver hands-on labs and simulation environments along with student collaboration spaces. In 2016, Camosun opened the $30-million, 80,000-sq.-foot Centre for Trades Education and Innovation.
Incorporating Indigenous culture and traditions is a key Camosun value. In 2019, Eyē Sq’lewen, the college’s Centre for Indigenous Education and Community Connections, celebrated 28 years of award-winning Indigenous education, programming and services.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$4,700||$3,700-$4,166||$4,057||$4,924-$6,800||No|
- Medical Radiography Technology: Students learn radiography, anatomy and physiology and to produce clear images for radiologists.
- Athletic and Exercise Therapy: Students learn to assess physical injuries and conditions, and to prescribe and supervise rehabilitation programs.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology: Students gain the skills to analyze, design, build and maintain machinery and mechanical devices, with hands-on experience in robotics and automation.
- University Transfer (Arts and Sciences)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Trades Apprenticeships
- Academic Upgrading and English Language Development