Canadore college offers degree, diploma, certificate, apprenticeship and academic upgrading programs in aviation studies, business management, Indigenous studies, trades and technology, and biotechnology and environmental studies. The college recently launched a bachelor’s degree in nursing. The school has three campuses in North Bay and one in Parry Sound. Three apartment-style residences are available near North Bay’s College Drive campus.
In 2018, Canadore opened the Village, a spacious facility that focuses on the integration of Indigenous, Eastern and Western healing and wellness practices. It acts as a model for intergenerational living, combining community and senior care with teaching, skills training and applied research.
Twenty-five per cent of Canadore’s students identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit. Among the school’s resources for Indigenous students is the First Peoples’ Centre, which has a design inspired by natural elements and the teachings of the medicine wheel.
Canadore offers specialized facilities for media studies, including a post-production centre that features a mix stage, a colour correction room and dialogue replacement equipment. A new genomics laboratory has state-of-the-art technology, including two DNA sequencers for research in areas such as addictions and disease prevention.
• Entrepreneurship Management: Students convert ideas into businesses with opportunities in a range of industries.
• Mobile Application Development: Students get hands-on experience designing apps for mobile devices.
• Health Care Administration: This program emphasizes leadership in health care settings.
• Aircraft Maintenance
• Game Design and Development
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Functional Genomics and Clinical Consultation
• Entrepreneurship Management
• Degree: $7,871
• Diploma: $3,628-$4,345
• Certificate: $3,628-$4,345
• Post-Grad: $3,628-$5,077
More Schools: Nipissing University, Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Confederation College of Applied Arts and Technology, Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology