Nestled in the North Shore mountains and a mere 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver, Capilano University is a great choice for outdoor enthusiasts and urbanites alike.
CapU is opening a new campus in the North Vancouver community of Lower Lonsdale in the fall of 2019. The new location is at the centre of the rapidly evolving Shipyards community. With six classrooms and flexible spaces, the design of CapU Lonsdale celebrates the natural West Coast environment.
The university is best known for its jazz, film, animation and performing arts programs. In 2017, seven alumni from the jazz program and two faculty members were nominated for Juno Awards. Alumni have also worked on Oscar-winning animated films, including Disney’s Zootopia.
CapU’s paralegal, early childhood care and education, music therapy and design programs are also highly regarded. In 2017, the school launched a pilot project to help bring occupational health and physiotherapy services to remote Indigenous communities in the province.
With an average of 25 students per class, students at CapU receive individual attention. The B.C. Student Outcomes survey found that 95 per cent of bachelor degree students were satisfied with their education. CapU has student residences located about five minutes from its North Vancouver campus.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$5,255-$15,827||$5,255- $15,821||$3,540-$11,887||$5,933-$12,865||Yes|
- Motion Picture Arts: Students learn about cinematography, screenwriting, directing, editing, producing and entrepreneurship through a series of student filmmaking projects.
- Early Childhood Care and Education: This program explores current theory and research into children’s early years. Many graduates have gone on to further studies in occupational therapy, childhood studies and education.
- North American Business Management: This diploma helps students develop an understanding of how to do business in the diverse and often complex North American economic environment.
- Business Administration
- Motion Picture Arts
- Associate of Science Degree—Biology
- North American Business Management
- Early Childhood Care and Education