Located in the heart of Saskatchewan, Carlton Trail College offers students the opportunity to learn where they live. Campuses are located in Humboldt, Watrous and Wynyard; additional classrooms are spread throughout other communities in the region.
Program areas include business administration, health, human services and trades. Many of these programs also include valuable work placements or practicums. Learning at Carlton Trail is linked to key industries in the region, including health care, mining and manufacturing. Scholarships are available to students enrolled in post-secondary programs of 12 weeks or longer.
The Humboldt campus’s facilities are connected to a building it shares with the municipality, which includes a fitness centre, curling rink, skating rink, swimming pool, cafeteria and convention centre. Plumbing, pipefitting and welding programs take place at the nearby Trades Building in Humboldt, while electrical and nursing programs are offered in Watrous.
To serve adult students in Punnichy, the college purchased a church in the town and converted it into the Four Winds Learning Centre in December 2017.
Carlton Trail is one of seven regional colleges in Saskatchewan that offers courses created by other educational providers in the province.
|Size of school||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Residence offerings|
|Small (fewer than 2,000 full-time students)||$6,463||$3,315-$6,605||No|
- Power Engineering Technician: This certificate program provides training in operating the energy components of industrial facilities. Topics include boiler operations, maintenance techniques and tool usage.
- Production Line Welding: Students in this certificate program learn the skills required to weld in a high-volume production environment.
- Heavy Equipment Operator: This program offers specialty training on two pieces of equipment, such as crawler tractor, excavator or front-end loader.
- Adult 12
- Continuing Care Assistant
- Construction Worker (Prep)
- Primary Care Paramedic
- Security Officer