One of only two publicly funded francophone colleges in Ontario, Collège Boréal offers apprenticeship, certificate and diploma programs to suit a wide range of interests and ambitions, and to meet the demand for bilingual skilled workers in the province’s northern region. Courses are delivered in French and are offered on campuses in Sudbury, Hearst, Kapuskasing, Nipissing, Timmins and Toronto, and at smaller learning centres throughout Ontario.
Known for its environmental and natural resources programs in manufacturing, agriculture, forestry, mining, and fish and wildlife, Boréal also offers programs in trades and applied technology, health sciences, business administration and community services. The college’s early childhood education and social services programs, including programs in social work, practical nursing and special education, continue to be the most popular, according to the latest enrolment numbers.
Certain programs come with “la Garantie Boréal,” which promises eligible students a second training program, tuition-free, if they don’t find work within one year of graduating from their first field of study.
Boréal also offers academic upgrading, continuing education and university transfer programs. Daycare and after-school care are available at the Sudbury campus, which also has a 138-room student residence.
|Size of school||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-graduate)||Residence offerings|
|Small (fewer than 2,000 full-time students)||$3,563-$6,947||$3,563-$4,669||$2,530-$4,669||Yes|
- Funeral Director: The program includes a paid internship at a funeral establishment. Students can opt between two programs: one that covers embalming and one that does not.
- Veterinary Technician: Students do two years of theory and spend time in the lab, in the radiology room, in the operating and grooming rooms, and at a kennel before completing a workplace internship.
- Construction Engineering Technology—Civil and Mining: Students train in an underground mine, as well as in the lab.
- Early Childhood Education
- Social Services Worker
- Child and Youth Worker
- Computer Science Engineering
- Business Administration