Located in Canada’s only officially bilingual province, Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB) is an independent post-secondary institution that offers diploma, certiﬁcate, degree, trade and apprenticeship programs in French. Its five campuses are located in the province’s largest francophone regions: Bathurst, Campbellton, Dieppe, Edmundston and the Acadian Peninsula.
Students can choose from more than 75 programs that lead to careers in New Brunswick’s top employment sectors, including woodworking, fisheries, health sciences and mining technology. Through partnerships with industry leaders throughout Atlantic Canada, many of CCNB’s programs incorporate internships for on-the-job learning.
Most programs take one to three years to complete and are offered on campus or through distance learning. Academic upgrading and other specialized courses are also available in French, as well as in English on certain campuses.
Although CCNB does not offer on-campus residences, it maintains a list of available accommodations around each campus. Students at the Edmundston campus can now apply to live at the Université de Moncton’s Louis-Cyr residence.
|Size of school||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$3,786||$3,786||$5,805||No|
- Cannabis Cultivation: This 20-week course offers technical knowledge and an overview of best horticultural practices. The cannabis industry is projected to create up to 3,000 new jobs in New Brunswick within the next three years.
- Cybersecurity: Students in this program learn how to design, build and protect IT systems and networks from hackers and viruses.
- Creativity and Innovation: Students acquire creative reflexes and a strong intuition for solving problems in personal and professional settings over 35 weeks of training.
- Practical Nursing
- Business Administration—Accounting
- Business Administration—Logistics and Transports
- Business Administration—Management
- Networking and Computer Security