Collège Éducacentre is the only francophone college in British Columbia. Its mandate is to provide services to the province’s French-speaking population, through professional and vocational training programs, language classes, basic and continuing education, and integration assistance for new immigrants. Through its well-developed “virtual campus,” Collège Éducacentre allows students from anywhere in the province to access, in French, the certificate and diploma programs the college offers in areas such as education, health care and tourism.
Some programs, like early childhood education, education assistant and resident care attendant, are dual-credit programs, meaning they are open to Grade 11 and 12 students in B.C.’s francophone schools and French-immersion programs; students can simultaneously earn credit toward their high school diploma and post-secondary education. The college also offers a program that recognizes prior learning and competencies. Students who have already completed equivalent training can receive credit for one or more courses.
The college has three main campuses in British Columbia: the main campus is in downtown Vancouver, the Victoria location is at the heart of that city’s tourist district and the Prince George campus sits adjacent to Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park, a five-minute trip from downtown. A satellite campus in Surrey offers integration and support services to francophone newcomers.
|Size of school||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Residence offerings|
|Small (fewer than 2,000 full-time students)||$5,505-$9,200||$3,270-$4,155||No|
- Event Management: This online program teaches students to organize, design, produce and evaluate all kinds of events, from trade shows and conferences to festivals and official visits.
- Resident Care Attendant/Health Care Assistant: Students learn to care for patients at home, in hospital or at long-term care facilities, and to maintain patients’ well-being.
- Caring for Patients in French: Health professionals with intermediate or advanced French-language skills can improve their communication with francophone patients through this online course.
- Education Assistant
- Early Childhood Education
- Event Management
- Resident Care Attendant/Health Care Assistant