College of the North Atlantic (CNA) is one of the largest post-secondary institutions in Atlantic Canada, with 17 campuses located in Newfoundland and Labrador and one in Qatar. Student residence spaces are available at three campuses: Bay St. George (Stephenville), Burin and Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
At CNA, students can choose from more than 100 advanced diploma, certificate and continuing education programs. The college also offers a distributed learning service, which provides online access to courses and programs. Areas of study include applied arts and tourism, business and IT, engineering technology, industrial trades and health sciences, with additional programming in the field of natural resources.
CNA provides block training for apprentices, enabling them to advance through their apprenticeship programs and preparing them to write their Red Seal certification examination. Applied research at CNA is focused on mining industry operations and processes, technology adoption for business optimization, advanced manufacturing technology and business process optimization.
The college’s international development projects and education partnerships span the globe, including initiatives in South America, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. CNA has partnered with six universities in China, where over 340 students are enrolled in CNA programs.
|Size of school||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$1,452||$1,452||$1,452||Yes|
- Agriculture Technician (Co-op): Students will learn agricultural techniques related to the care of livestock and plants, as well as how to operate farm equipment safely.
- Cultural Culinary Arts & Tourism: In this two-year program, students develop their culinary skills in a prime tourism destination.
- Geological Technician: Geological technicians conduct fieldwork, primarily outside, in a variety of conditions. Students will learn skills such as data and sample collection, and rock, soil and sediment analysis.
- Practical Nursing
- Office/Business Administration
- Civil Engineering Technology (Co-op)
- Construction/Industrial Electrician
- Personal Care Attendant