College of the North Atlantic (CNA) is one of the largest post-secondary institutions in Atlantic Canada; it has 17 campuses in Newfoundland and Labrador and one in Qatar. Student residence spaces are available at three campuses: Bay St. George (Stephenville), Burin and Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
Students may choose from more than 100 advanced diploma, certificate and continuing education programs. The college offers a distributed learning service, which provides online access to courses and programs. Areas of study include applied arts and tourism, business and IT, engineering technology, industrial trades, health sciences and programming in the field of natural resources.
CNA provides block training for apprentices, enabling them to advance through their programs and preparing them to write their Red Seal certification examinations. Applied research at CNA focuses on mining industry operations and processes, technology adoption for business optimization, advanced manufacturing technology and business process optimization.
The college’s international development projects and education partnerships include initiatives in South America, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. CNA has partnered with four universities in China, where more than 430 students are enrolled in programs.
|Size of school||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$2,424||$2,424||$2,424||Yes|
- Agriculture Technician (Co-op): Students learn agricultural techniques related to the care of livestock and plants, as well as how to operate farm equipment safely.
- Accelerated Software Development: Students combine theoretical and practical learning in a team-oriented setting so that graduates will be equipped to innovate and implement solutions in a variety of fields.
- Video Game Art & Design: Delivered online, this program teaches both the art and narration of games and includes training simulation and immersive virtual reality experiences.
- Office/Business Administration
- Comprehensive Arts & Sciences
- Early Childhood Education