The College of the Rockies is the ideal place to blend learning and lifestyle. The college’s seven campuses—including the main campus and a second facility, both in Cranbrook, and regional campuses in Creston, Fernie, Golden, Invermere and Kimberley—are surrounded by some of the world’s most majestic mountains and lakes.
Unique programs such as mountain adventure skills training, which is offered at the Fernie campus, take full advantage of the Rocky Mountains’ back-country recreation opportunities and ski resorts. Students in this program are outdoors 60 per cent of the time.
The college offers a comprehensive range of degree, diploma, certificate, apprenticeship and post-degree programs. The Cranbrook main campus has a 96-bed student residence, which features private rooms with a shared bathroom, living area and kitchen. A second, 100-bed residence complex is now under construction and will be ready for students in January 2021.
The campuses of the College of the Rockies are located within the traditional territories of the Ktunaxa Nation. Five First Nations bands are located within the college’s region. The school supports Indigenous students with its Aboriginal Gathering Place and regular opportunities to connect with Ktunaxa Elders. The college has worked closely with the Ktunaxa Nation to revitalize its language through the development of language courses.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Small (fewer than 2,000 full-time students)||$3,400-$4,600||$3,400-$6,800||$3,400-$14,300||$3,400||Yes|
- Sustainable Business Practices: This four-year program prepares students to work in a green business environment and is available online.
- Autonomous Systems Technician: Students learn how to install, repair and support wireless sensors, controller networks and other electronic systems.
- Mountain Activity Skills Training: Push your boundaries and experience the best of what the Rocky Mountains have to offer.
- Adult Upgrading (a.k.a. Upgrading for Academic and Career Success)
- Arts/University General Studies
- Electrician Apprenticeship
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprenticeship