Located in its namesake peaks, College of the Rockies provides the ideal location to blend learning and lifestyle. The college’s seven campuses—including the main campus and second facility in Cranbrook and regional campuses in Creston, Fernie, Golden, Invermere and Kimberley—are surrounded by some of the world’s most majestic mountains, lakes and finest recreation opportunities. Unique programs like the Mountain Activity Skills Training, offered at the Fernie campus, take full advantage of the environment, back-country recreation opportunities and nearby ski resorts. Students in the adventurous course are outdoors for 60 per cent of their time.
COTR has a comprehensive range of degree, diploma, certificate, apprenticeship and post-degree programs. Each campus offers programming unique to its particular surroundings. The Cranbrook main campus has a 96-bed student residence with single and private rooms along with shared bathrooms.
College of the Rockies campuses are located within the traditional territories of the Ktunaxa Nation. The college supports Indigenous students through an Aboriginal Gathering Place, featuring a student lounge, and regular opportunities to connect with Ktunaxa Elders. The college has also worked closely with the Ktunaxa Nation in an effort to revitalize its language through the development and offering of language courses.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Small (fewer than 2,000 full-time students)||$3,200-$4,200||$2,800- $6,300||$3,200-$14,000||$5,000||Yes|
• Adventure Tourism Business Operations: Held at the Golden campus, this program focuses on the business skills needed to work in the tourism industry or to start a business in the field.
• Sustainable Business Operations: This specialized bachelor of business administration teaches how to run a company with limited negative impact on the environment.
• Nursing: Offered in conjunction with the University of Victoria, students study at Cranbrook campus but earn UVic credentials. A similar program exists for education.
• Foundation and Apprenticeship Trades Training
• University Studies
• Child, Youth and Family Studies
• Business Management