Located by the Rocky Mountains, the College of the Rockies is the ideal place to blend learning and lifestyle. The college’s seven campuses—including the main campus and a second facility, both in Cranbrook, and regional campuses in Creston, Fernie, Golden, Invermere and Kimberley—are surrounded by some of the world’s most majestic mountains and lakes.
Unique programs such as mountain adventure skills training, offered at the Fernie campus, take full advantage of the Rocky Mountains’ back-country recreation opportunities and ski resorts. Students in this program are outdoors 60 per cent of the time.
The college offers a comprehensive range of degree, diploma, certificate, apprenticeship and post-degree programs. The Cranbrook main campus has a 96-bed student residence which features single and private rooms and shared bathrooms. A second 96-bed residence is under construction and should be ready for students in September 2020.
The campuses of the College of the Rockies are located within the traditional territories of the Ktunaxa Nation. The college supports Indigenous students with its Aboriginal Gathering Place and regular opportunities to connect with Ktunaxa Elders. The college has also worked closely with the Ktunaxa Nation to revitalize its language through the development of language courses.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Small (fewer than 2,000 full-time students)||$3,309-$4,497||$3,309-$6,366||$3,309-$14,013||$3,309-$4,893||Yes|
- Mountain Adventure Skills Training: Push your boundaries in this program and experience the best of what the Rocky Mountains have to offer.
- Adventure Tourism Business Operations: This program focuses on the business skills that students need to work in the tourism industry or start their own tourism business.
- Sustainable Business Operations: Sustainable businesses hurt the environment, community or economy the least. This four-year program is available in class and/or online.
- Foundation and Apprenticeship Trades
- Arts and Science—University Studies
- Child, Youth and Family Studies
- Business Management and Office Administration