Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning is a fixture in the Kitchener area. Close to half of all adults in the Waterloo region have participated in training and education at Conestoga. In 2018, almost 90 per cent of its graduates became employed within six months of graduating. At its network of campuses in southwestern Ontario (such as in Brantford, Guelph and Ingersoll), Conestoga offers a full range of degree, diploma, certificate, post-graduate, apprenticeship, upgrading and preparatory programs. More than 60 programs include co-op terms.
There are student residences at the Kitchener and Cambridge campuses. The college also offers child care facilities that are open to community members and function as labs for students in the early childhood education program.
Primary research areas at Conestoga include improving quality of life and care for Canada’s seniors, advanced recycling technologies for electronic waste, smart manufacturing, food-processing technology, supply chain management and improving the safety and performance of Canada’s labour force. Conestoga is home to a 58,000-sq.-foot woodworking training facility. A major redevelopment of the Waterloo campus in 2018 added 150,000 sq. feet of learning space in a state-of-the-art environment. The facility houses programming and services in culinary and hospitality management, applied computer science and information technology, and specialized programs for newcomers to Canada.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$6,975-$7,710||$3,467-$6,602||$3,467-$10,491||$3,467-$8,649||Yes|
- Environmental Public Health: This degree program focuses on disease prevention and creating healthy environments; it includes a paid co-op term.
- Cyber Engineering: Prepare for work as a communication infrastructure engineer through project-based learning, group work and hands-on experience with state-of-the-art software.
- Virtual Reality Production: This certificate program examines the present and future capabilities of extended reality in different industries and covers design techniques, storytelling, character development and environment construction.
- Health-Care Administration and Service Management
- Project Management
- Global Business Management
More Schools: Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology, Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology, Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, Wilfrid Laurier University