Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning is a fixture in the Kitchener area. Close to half of all adults in the Waterloo region have participated in training and education at Conestoga, and more than half of the health professionals in the region trained there (excluding physicians). At its eight campuses in the Kitchener-Waterloo region, Conestoga offers a full range of degree, diploma, certificate, post-graduate, apprenticeship, upgrading and preparatory programs. More than 60 programs at Conestoga include co-op terms.
There are student residences at the Kitchener and Cambridge campuses. The college also offers childcare facilities—open to community members—which function as labs for the early childhood education program.
Primary research areas at Conestoga include improving the quality of life and care for Canada’s seniors, advanced recycling technologies for electronic waste, smart manufacturing, food processing technology and supply chain management. Conestoga is home to the largest woodworking training facility in North America. A major redevelopment of the Waterloo campus in 2018 added 150,000 square feet of learning space in a state-of-the-art environment. The facility houses programming and services in culinary and hospitality management, applied computer science and information technology, and specialized programs for newcomers to Canada.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$6,975-$7,710||$3,467-$6,602||$3,467-$10,491||$3,467- $8,649||Yes|
- Woodworking Technology: First-year students use woodworking equipment. Second year involves project work, and the final year focuses on plant layout/support systems, quality control and computer-aided drafting.
- Business Administration—Supply Chain and Operations Management: Students learn to coordinate the supply chain to produce and deliver consumer goods, services and information.
- Bachelor of Applied Health Information Science: A four-year co-op program prepares graduates for health care careers. Grads may write the certification exam of the Canadian Health Information Management Association.
- Project Management
- Bachelor of Science—Nursing (degree)
- Global Business Management
- Practical Nursing (diploma)
More Schools: Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology, Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology, Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, Wilfrid Laurier University