Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning is a fixture in the Kitchener area. Close to half of all adults in the Waterloo region have participated in training and education at Conestoga. In 2018, almost 90 per cent of its graduates became employed within six months of graduating. At its eight campuses in the Kitchener-Waterloo region, Conestoga offers a full range of degree, diploma, certificate, post-graduate, apprenticeship, upgrading and preparatory programs. More than 60 programs include co-op terms.
There are student residences at the Kitchener and Cambridge campuses. The college also offers child care facilities—open to community members—which function as labs for the early childhood education program.
Primary research areas at Conestoga include improving the quality of life and care for Canada’s seniors, advanced recycling technologies for electronic waste, smart manufacturing, food processing technology and supply chain management. Conestoga is home to a 50,000-sq.-foot woodworking training facility. A major redevelopment of the Waterloo campus in 2018 added 150,000 sq. feet of learning space in a state-of-the-art environment. The facility houses programming and services in culinary and hospitality management, applied computer science and information technology, and specialized programs for newcomers to Canada.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$6,975-$7,710||$3,467-$6,602||$3,467-$10,491||$3,467-$8,649||Yes|
- Personal Support Worker: In June, the Cowan Foundation invested $5 million to support personal support worker programming at Conestoga. The funding will be used to create a hub for remote simulation learning.
- Mechanical Systems Engineering: Through a curriculum based on real-world projects, students train for work in mechanical design, robotics and advanced manufacturing.
- Woodworking Technology: Students learn to operate machinery and equipment at one of North America’s most advanced woodworking training facilities.
- Global Business Management
- Project Management
- Global Hospitality Management
More Schools: Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology, Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology, Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, Wilfrid Laurier University