Cumberland College has three campuses in northeastern Saskatchewan: Nipawin, Melfort and Tisdale. The college offers diplomas, certificates, adult basic education and university courses in fields such as business, human services, agriculture and trades.
The school specializes in health-related training, including continuing care assistance, practical nursing and primary care paramedic programs. The college also offers the first year of a registered nursing degree. Cumberland College works closely with the local health authority to produce qualified workers who can fill skill shortages and provide professional development to existing employees.
The RIDE (Reconciliation/Indigenous Engagement, Inclusion, Diversity and Equity) Committee provides the school with guidance and direction on initiatives such as Indigenization and Elders-in-residence.
Students can begin a four-year bachelor degree at Cumberland in education or social work. These programs are administered in partnership with other post-secondary institutions, including the University of Saskatchewan, the University of Regina, First Nations University, Lakeland College and Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
Cumberland College is one of seven regional colleges in Saskatchewan that offer courses created by other post-secondary schools in the province.
• Agriculture and Bioresources: Themes include soil, the environment, ecology and Kanawayihetaytan Askiy (“Let us take care of the land”). Students do their first year at Cumberland and receive a degree from the University of Saskatchewan.
• Victim Services Coordination: Students learn to provide advocacy, information, assistance and referrals to victims of crime or traumatic events.
• Health Care Cook: New in 2022, this one-year certificate will prepare cooks to work in hospitals, care homes and private facilities.
• Adult Basic Education
• University—First Year
• University Cohort Programs (M.Ed. and Indigenous Access and Transition Certificate)
• Continuing Care Assistant
• Practical Nursing
• Degree: $7,500
• Diploma: $5,500
• Certificate: $3,500-$5,500