Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology is one of Ontario’s largest colleges. It has more than 40,000 students and has campuses in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Woodstock, as well as sites in the Huron-Bruce area. The college offers more than 200 programs, including degree, diploma, certificate, apprenticeship, graduate certificate and online-learning options. Academic upgrading and continuing studies are offered too. For students who want to turn Fanshawe credentials into a bachelor’s or master’s degree, the college has more than 500 academic pathways to more than 60 universities in 10 countries. Fanshawe also boasts an impressive work-integrated learning program: more than 15,500 employer partnerships provide job opportunities per year.
Fanshawe’s London campus is gradually opening the Innovation Village, a hub for students to research, complete projects and meet industry partners. The first building was finished earlier this year and added an Indigenous gathering place. The village is expected to be complete in 2023 and will include virtual reality and multimedia labs, project and meeting rooms, and a maker space. The campus also includes almost 1,200 apartment-style residence rooms and 400 townhouses; light housekeeping services help keep them clean.
The Institute of Indigenous Learning offers advisers for first-year Indigenous students, career support and other services.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$6,060-$6,490||$2,472-$6,944||$1,036-$3,594||$2,720-$12,456||Yes|
- Doula Studies: This program uses a social justice and evidence-based approach to train students for work helping families navigate reproduction.
- Interactive Media Development—3D Visualization: Apply computer-based design skills in this three-year advanced diploma to create 3D modelling, rendering and interface development.
- Commercial Flight and Aviation Leadership: Students train in flight simulators and modern aircraft and can also complete a Canadian private and commercial pilot’s license.
- Early Childhood Education
- General Arts and Science—One Year
- Computer Programmer Analyst