Fanshawe college of Applied Arts and Technology is one of the largest colleges in Ontario, with more than 40,000 students. With campuses in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Woodstock, and regional sites in the Huron–Bruce region, the college offers more than 200 programs, including degree, diploma, certificate and apprenticeship, as well as distance learning options. Fanshawe also offers academic upgrading and continuing studies programs.
For students interested in turning their Fanshawe credential into a degree, the college has numerous agreements with universities in Canada, the United States, England, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia. The school also boasts an impressive work-integrated learning program with 8,000 employer partnerships annually.
At its London campus, Fanshawe has almost 1,200 apartment-style residence rooms and 400 townhouse rooms.
Robust industry partnerships are one of Fanshawe’s major strengths. In 2016, the college opened its Canadian Centre for Product Validation, which features cutting-edge equipment to conduct electrical, mechanical, performance, environmental and thermal analysis. At the CCPV, students and recent graduates can also network with industry partners.
Fanshawe offers a First Nations studies program where students study contemporary and traditional Indigenous knowledge through sharing with local elders.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$7,985-$8,463||$3,906- $13,631||$3,906-$4,274||$3,906-$11,391||Yes|
• Doula Studies: A first-of-its-kind in Ontario, this certificate prepares individuals to support families during childbirth and through other reproductive issues.
• Concierge: A certificate developed to enhance the student’s ability to succeed as a concierge in the tourism and hospitality industry. The program includes a four-month paid internship.
• Collaborative Nursing: Students spend two years at Fanshawe and two at Western University, followed by a 12-week placement, to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
• Pre-health Sciences
• Police Foundations
• Computer Programmer Analyst
• General Arts and Science
• Early Childhood Education