In early 2019, George Brown College will open a new 103,000-sq.-foot facility housing a research hub, facilities for hands-on learning and collaboration, and several school of design programs. GBC has three main campuses in downtown Toronto, offering 167 full-time programs (including nine degree programs) and 191 continuing education certificates or designations. GBC’s first student residence opened at its Waterfront campus in 2016.
Ninety-eight per cent of programs offered at the college have a field education component, a number set to increase to 100 per cent by 2020.
Students have access to a number of specialized learning facilities designed to simulate a real-world work environment. These include an operating room and hospital suites at the Health Sciences’ Simulation Centre. There is also a working restaurant at the Chef’s House, where chef school and hospitality students practise their skills for the general public. The Green Building Centre provides 9,000 sq. feet of facilities for applied research in sustainable construction.
The Young Centre for Performing Arts, home to the GBC theatre school, is a new facility in Toronto’s historic Distillery District, built into 19th-century Victorian industrial buildings. Multiple libraries, each relevant to the programs at their respective campuses, are also available to GBC students.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$6,693-$10,039||$1,217-$18,911||$1,410-$15,405||Yes|
• Sustainable Fashion Production: A one-year graduate certificate preparing students to manage the production of small-batch apparel products.
• Digital Experience Design: A new honours bachelor degree aimed at training designers to produce human-centred and economically viable digital solutions.
• Culinary Management: Using a mix of kitchen skills and business acumen, this four-year degree program prepares graduates for kitchen, operations management or food management positions.
• English for Academic Purposes
• Culinary Management
• Early Childhood Education
• Practical Nursing
• Construction Engineering Technology