In spring 2019, George Brown College expanded its Waterfront Campus with the City of the Arts complex. The facility—for School of Design students, employees and industry partners—has more than 100,000 sq. feet of learning and collaboration space. In 2021, George Brown will grow again with the construction of Ontario’s first mass-timber, low-carbon institutional building, the Arbour, which will house a research hub focused on mass-timber construction, as well as the School of Computer Technology, the School of Architectural Studies and a childcare centre.
George Brown has three main campuses in downtown Toronto, offering 171 full-time programs (including 10 degree programs) and 200 continuing education certificates or designations. The college’s student residence is within walking distance of both its St. James and Waterfront campuses. Ninety-eight per cent of George Brown’s career-focused programs include at least one experiential learning opportunity (excluding upgrading and preparatory programs).
Students have access to a number of specialized learning facilities designed to simulate real-world work environments. These include an operating room and hospital suites at the Health Sciences’ Simulation Centre and a working restaurant at the Chef’s House.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$7,087-$9,602||$3,447-$26,155||$1,960-$10,422||$2,180-$17,906||Yes|
- Sustainable Fashion Production: A one-year graduate certificate preparing students to manage the production of small-batch apparel products.
- Digital Experience Design: An honours bachelor’s degree aimed at training designers to produce human-centred and economically viable digital solutions.
- Blockchain Development: Canada’s first college certificate in blockchain development was created to address the shortage of developer talent in this growing field.
- General Arts and Science—English for Academic Purposes
- Culinary Management
- Early Childhood Education
- Practical Nursing
- Graphic Design