Georgian College has the highest percentage of students enrolled in co-op of any college in Ontario, as well as the highest percentage of programs with mandatory co-op, according to 2018 enrolment data from the Ontario College Application System. All programs at Georgian emphasize practical, hands-on learning.
Georgian offers more than 130 degree, certificate, diploma, combined degree-diploma, apprenticeship, academic upgrading and university transfer programs. Its campuses are located in Barrie, Collingwood, Midland, Bracebridge, Orangeville, Orillia and Owen Sound. All are just a one- to two-hour drive to Toronto and a short distance from lakes, trails and ski hills. Student residences are available at three campuses.
Georgian recently introduced new programs, including combined degree-diploma programs in computer science and applied health science. A unique offering at Georgian is the diploma in Anishinaabemowin (Ojibwe) language, which trains students to provide language programs in Indigenous communities and organizations. In the next one to two years, the school will offer a standalone nursing degree program.
The Peter B. Moore Advanced Technology Centre at the college’s Barrie campus supports hands-on learning in programs such as electrical engineering and environmental sustainability. The building houses the Alectra Centre for Research, Innovation and Commercialization, a hub for applied research.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$7,406-$8,790||$4,039-$18,999||$4,039-$11,217||$4,009-$10,713||Yes|
- Anishnaabemowin and Program Development: Course content includes the history, role and importance of Anishnaabemowin. Students use language labs and do immersion activities.
- Big Data Analytics: Students gather, curate, encode and store data sets that can be reused to address future challenges.
- Marine Engineering Technology (Co-op)/Marine Technology–Navigation (Co-op)/Marine Engineering Management: Students gain experience at sea before starting marine careers.
- Practical Nursing
- Pre-health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
- Hospitality–Hotel and Resort Operations Management
- Computer Systems Technician–Networking
- Computer Programmer