Georgian emphasize practical, hands-on learning—education through experience is the college’s guiding principle.
Georgian offers a comprehensive range of more than 125 degree, certificate, diploma, combined degree-diploma, apprenticeship, academic upgrading and university transfer programs. Its campuses are located in picturesque communities throughout central Ontario: Barrie, Collingwood, Midland, Bracebridge, Orangeville, Orillia and Owen Sound. All are just a short drive to Toronto. Student residences are available at three campuses.
Georgian recently introduced a number of new programs, including combined degree-diploma programs in computer science and applied health science; students in these programs graduate with both a diploma and a degree in just four years. A unique offering at Georgian is the diploma in Anishinaabemowin language, focused on training students to provide language programs in Indigenous communities and organizations.
The brand-new Peter B. Moore Advanced Technology Centre at the college’s Barrie campus supports hands-on learning in programs such as electrical engineering and environmental sustainability.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$7,423-$10,346||$4,056-$18,976||$4,056-$16,702||$4,026-$16,194||Yes|
- Automotive Business: This program provides students with the skills and experience they need to be successful in the automotive industry.
- Big Data Analytics: Georgian offers the only college graduate certificate program in Big Data—a major growth area that has been called the “sexiest job of the 21st century.”
- Marine Engineering Technology (Co-op)/Marine Technology—Navigation (Co-op)/Marine Engineering Management: Students acquire a complete education, including experience at sea, before beginning their marine careers.
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
- Hospitality—Hotel and Resort Operations Management
- Computer Systems Technician—Networking
- Electrical Engineering Technology