Alberta’s Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) has campuses in the communities of Grande Prairie and Fairview. The grounds of the Grande Prairie campus overlook the Bear Creek reservoir and the extensive Muskoseepi Park trail system, while the Fairview campus has the only authorized training centre in the country for Harley-Davidson motorcycles. The college also has learning centres in Edson, Hinton, Jasper and Grande Cache.
GPRC offers diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs. Its degree programs—offered in collaboration with other schools—include nursing, social work, education and commerce. GPRC also offers a dual credit program, giving high school students the opportunity to complete college credits as early as Grade 11.
There are two major applied research initiatives under way at GPRC. One, Pollutants to Products (P2P), focuses on environmental research in areas such as wetland reclamation and wastewater processing. The other is the National Bee Diagnostic Centre, which studies and diagnoses honeybee pests, parasites and diseases.
GPRC’s support for Indigenous students includes an on-campus Friendship Centre, an Elder-in-residence program, an Indigenous liaison coordinator and a student group offering cultural and social activities.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Post-graduate||Residence offerings|
|Small (fewer than 2,000 full-time students)||$4,648-$7,847||$4,581-$8,290||$2,609-$7,239||$3,741-$4,693||Yes|
- Harley-Davidson Technician: This 15-week program, at Canada’s only authorized training centre for the renowned motorcycle brand, prepares graduates for work at retailers across the country.
- ThinkBIG Service Technician: Students gain advanced technical knowledge and hands-on skills to service Caterpillar heavy equipment.
- Animal Health Technology: Upon completion of this diploma, graduates can become veterinary technologists.
- Early Learning and Child Care
- Business Administration Certificate
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Education