Just behind the north Toronto campus of the Humber College Institute of Technical and Advanced Learning sits its arboretum, a 100-hectare park with sprawling botanical gardens lining the Humber River. The park features the Carolinian life zone, one of the most diverse ecosystems in Canada and an excellent learning opportunity for students in programs such as sustainable energy and building technology.
In April 2019, Humber opened the Barrett Centre for Technology Innovation (CTI), a state-of-the-art technology hub with interactive zones, demonstration areas, a mobile lab and maker spaces. The Barrett CTI assists collaboration between faculty, students, industry partners and community organizations.
Humber offers degree, diploma, certificate, apprenticeship, university transfer and continuing education programs at its three campuses. Two are in Toronto, and one is in Orangeville. Students from the college have won gold medals in the 3D digital game art, baking and mechatronics categories at the Skills Canada National Competition and have represented Canada at the WorldSkills competition, placing fourth in mechatronics.
The North and Lakeshore campuses in Toronto have suite-style student residences. The North campus also offers traditional single rooms, and is home to the Humber Room, a full-service restaurant where culinary and hospitality students hone their skills.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$7,206||$3,726||$3,726||$6,000||Yes|
- Addictions and Mental Health: This new program teaches students to deliver addiction and mental health services through responsive, culturally relevant, client-centred assessment and treatment.
- Health Sector Regulatory Compliance: This program combines online and in-class training. Students learn to audit and monitor products and businesses to minimize health risks.
- Forensic Identification: Students develop forensic skills in a crime scene studio, simulation lab and mock courtroom.
- Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion
- Media Foundation
- Public Relations
- Bachelor of Commerce–Marketing