Sightings of foxes, beavers and deer are common, while at the centre of campus, man-made Lake Tamblyn offers a prime ﬁshing spot in spring and fall and doubles as a skating rink during the winter. A tunnel system that connects most campus buildings comes in handy on cold winter days. Thunder Bay is somewhat isolated from big cities, but affordable flights connect it to Toronto, Winnipeg and beyond. Lakehead’s Orillia campus, a 90-minute drive north of Toronto, offers a unique interdisciplinary arts and science program with majors in criminology, environmental sustainability and media studies.
• Commerce: Students develop skills in communication, management and leadership, and can choose from among seven majors, including information systems, international business and marketing. The Orillia campus offers majors in business administration and global entrepreneurship.
• Applied Life Sciences: This interdisciplinary program combines courses in anthropology, chemistry, biology and physics. Through lab work, students acquire skills in molecular biology, biotechnology and diagnostic methods. A combined degree-diploma program with Georgian College is also available.
• Engineering: Students can earn both an engineering degree and engineering technology diploma in four years, a combination that produces graduates with a solid grounding in engineering fundamentals as well as hands-on experience.
• Outdoor Adventure: This hands-on course delves into the management of mountain bike tourism and recreation in northwestern Ontario and northern Minnesota.
• Sociology of Sport and Physical Activity: Students examine social and cultural factors related to sport and physical activity, exploring modern issues in the field with a focus on Canada.
$6,956 (includes compulsory ancillary fees)
Minimum Entering Grades
Arts: 70% · Science: 70% · Commerce: 70% · Engineering: 70%
Undergraduates: Full-time: 5,847 · Part-time: 1,317
Graduates: Full-time: 1,301 · Part-time: 5
International Students: First-year: 13.8% ·
Male-Female Ratio: 46 to 54
Residence Spaces: 1,285 (563 reserved for first-year students)
Residence Costs: Single room with meals: $11,000 to $13,232 · Apartment-style: $7,488 to $7,585