Sarnia’s Lambton College of Applied Arts and Technology is undergoing a dramatic campus revamp. It recently expanded its Centre of Excellence in Energy and Bio-Industrial Technologies with new labs and is in the process of constructing two new buildings. The 60,000-sq.-foot NOVA Chemicals Health and Research Centre will house all of the college’s health science labs and simulation facilities, Meanwhile, student life will get a boost from the new athletics and fitness complex, a 40,000-sq.-foot facility with a double gymnasium along with fitness and studio facilities. Standing side-by-side on campus, both new buildings are scheduled to open in 2018.
Lambton offers a wide range of degree, diploma and certificate programs. Areas of expertise for Lambton include applied research technology, health, international programming, social projects, entrepreneurship, and new sectors like bioindustry and e-sports. The e-sports entrepreneurship and administration program at Lambton is the first of its kind in Canada and is part of a college-wide e-sports initiative, which also includes the creation of a varsity e-sports team and a world-class campus gaming arena. The campus also boasts a massage clinic and spa, staffed by students in the esthetician, hair stylist and massage therapy programs.
Budding entrepreneurs should note that Lambton’s Enactus team was the National Champion at the 2018 Enactus National Exposition. The team is competing at the world cup in October 2018.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$7,742||$4,278- $7,323||$4,278||$4,238-$8,721||Yes|
• Instrumentation and Control Engineering Technology: In partnership with Bruce Power, this program offers a nuclear industry-approved curriculum that is recognized across North America. Students are eligible for field or co-op placements with Bruce Power.
• Communicative Disorders Assistant: With access to an audiology lab, students prepare to work with clients who have speech, feeding, hearing and other disorders.
• Workplace Safety and Prevention: Qualifies students to write the Canadian Registered Safety Technician Certification Exam.
• Chemical Production and Power Engineering Technology
• Practical Nursing
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Millwright Mechanical Technician
• Child and Youth Care