Sarnia’s Lambton College recently underwent a dramatic revamp. In 2018, the college completed renovations on its Centre of Excellence in Energy and Bio-Industrial Technologies. The $14.2-million upgrade added a 7,000-sq.-foot training space. Lambton also opened the 60,000-sq.-foot NOVA Chemicals Health and Research Centre in 2019. It houses the college’s health science labs and simulation facilities and recently introduced a massage therapy lab.
Rounding out the campus makeover is a new athletics and fitness complex. It includes a double gymnasium that has seating for 1,241 fans and a VIP booth, a fitness studio that hosts live and digital classes, and athletic therapy and first aid rooms.
Lambton offers a range of degree, diploma and certificate programs, as well as microcredentials. Areas of expertise include applied research technology, health and entrepreneurship, and new sectors such as bio-industry and esports. The esports entrepreneurship and administration program at Lambton is the first of its kind in Canada, and it’s part of a college-wide initiative that includes the creation of a varsity esports team and a world-class gaming arena. The campus also has a massage clinic and a salon and spa staffed by students in the aesthetician, hairstylist and massage therapy programs.
Budding entrepreneurs should note that Lambton College took home national titles at the Enactus Canada National Exposition, a student entrepreneurial competition, in 2018 and 2019.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$7,167||$3,997-$6,813||$3,997-$7,062||$3,997-$6,813||Yes|
- Millwright Mechanical Technician: In this co-op diploma program, students learn the skills to work with a variety of mechanical equipment used in industrial settings.
- Esports Entrepreneurship and Administration: Through lectures and experiential learning, students apply foundational knowledge to the industry.
- Fire Science Technology: Train at the Lambton College Fire School, which includes a hot tower, a search and rescue tower, a fleet of emergency response vehicles, and modern gear and equipment.
- Chemical Production and Power Engineering Technology
- Pre-Service Firefighter Education and Training
- Practical Nursing