On a clear day, you can see the Rocky Mountains from Lethbridge College’s 110-hectare main campus. Lethbridge is a quiet community of approximately 98,000 people, about an hour from the mountains and the U.S. border.
In addition to the Lethbridge location, the school has three regional campuses in Claresholm, Crowsnest Pass and Vulcan. Students at the main campus have the option of living in apartment-style residences.
Lethbridge offers hands-on training, flexible learning possibilities and applied research opportunities for its students. The college’s areas of applied research include irrigation, green antibiotics (plants with antibiotic properties), aquaponics, outdoor play for children and public opinion research. Lethbridge students benefit from the use of augmented and virtual reality technology in many of its classrooms and labs.
Canada’s first publicly funded community college offers more than 50 career-training programs, applied degrees and apprenticeships. Students can choose from classroom-based courses, online courses or a blend of the two. The school has programs in everything from arts to correctional studies, from design to the trades.
Lethbridge offers in-depth support for students from all backgrounds, including First Nations, Métis and Inuit students, as well as hundreds of international students from more than 40 countries.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Residence Offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$5,903-$8,453||$3,803-$6,795||$3,316-$11,595||Yes|
- Architectural Animation Technology: Students gain skills in visual communication, commercial and residential design, and solving problems.
- Conservation Enforcement—Bachelor of Applied Science: Students get the knowledge and skills to protect the land and wildlife. They learn the laws that protect natural spaces and animals in Canada and acquire the qualifications to enforce them.
- Ecosystems Management—Bachelor of Applied Science: Get technical and lab knowledge, and hands-on experience.
- General Arts and Science
- Criminal Justice—Policing/Justice Studies
- Nursing/Practical Nursing
- Business Administration/General Business
- Early Childhood Education