On a clear day, you can see the Rocky Mountains from Lethbridge’s 110-hectare main campus, where students have the option of living in apartment-style
residences. Lethbridge is a quiet, family-oriented community of about 98,000, about an hour from the mountains and the U.S. border.
In addition to the Lethbridge location, the school has three regional campuses in Claresholm, Crowsnest Pass, and Vulcan.
Lethbridge offers hands-on training, flexible learning possibilities and applied research opportunities. From conducting fish studies at the Aquaculture Centre of Excellence to learning statistical analysis and ethics in the Citizen Society Research Lab, students have plenty of time to put theory into practice. In the high-demand wind-turbine technician program, students train in an actual tower on campus.
Canada’s first publicly funded community college offers more than 50 career-training programs, applied degrees, and apprenticeships. Students can choose from classroom-based courses, online courses, or a blend of the two. The school has programs in everything from arts to correctional studies to design to the trades.
Lethbridge offers in-depth support for students from all backgrounds, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit students as well as hundreds of international students from more than 40 countries.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Residence Offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$7,500||$6,500||$5,500||Yes|
• Agricultural Enterprise Management: Bringing together economics, management and science, this two-year diploma program allows students to work alongside the agricultural industry to solve real-world problems.
• Conservation Enforcement: This bachelor of applied science equips students to protect natural resources.
• Interior Design Technology: This two-year diploma program provides skills required for a career focused on interior renovation. Students receive classroom training while also using technology such as virtual reality.
• Justice Studies/Public Safety
• Liberal Arts/Life Sciences
• Environmental Sciences
• Media and Design